Thursday, January 3, 2008

adorable dog and WIPs

people always ask me how sam is doing- so i thought i would pop in a picture of him doing just fine. he is sitting on carrie's lap. we are about to go for a run, in the rain? or is that the sun trying to come out? i am wearing my new shoes for this year. they are green and make me happy. i also have new running socks which also make me happy.
ok yes knitting blog- ok here we go- this vest is for my dad- it is being blocked at this very moment!!! done!! i used kraemer mauch chunky bought at dear article pract. i made this pattern up and it makes me very proud of myself. when it is really done, as in my dad is wearing it, i will post again with its name.
this is another vest, for me this time. an anatomical heart. the heart is done, well besides some cardiac veins and arteries. i still have to do the back of the vest. i made this one up too! i printed out an image of a heart from the interweb and then drew it onto graph paper i bought from schoolhouse press. then i knit it into my vest. and i cursed my name the whole time. at some points, far too many, i was knitting with four colors across a row! gray, pink, red, blue, pink and then gray again. crazy i tell you, crazy.
ok the sun is out so that is my sign that it is time to run, especially since there is a high wind warning going into effect at noon. if i don't come back, its because sam and i are floating around out there somewhere. happy new year! i am calling it knit 2008.

3 comments:

David R. Brower Ronald V. Dellums Institute for Sustainable Policy Studies said...

Great photo of Sammie! I continue to be invested in wearing my new vest as soon as it is ready.

Sonya said...

That vest is brilliant. I am a big fan of anatomical hearts.

WonderMike said...

Sammie has stolen my heart and those sweaters (vest and anatomical heart) are wonderful.